Massive Problems with File Manager

Hello 000webhost community,

I am facing massive problems using the 000webhost file manager. It begins with opening the manager itself.
https://files.000webhost.com/handler.php there it gives me one of two times a DNS not reachable error.

Then I am trying to upload multiple kb sized css files and after around 5min it says
"ftp_put(): Accepted data connection" or
"Error -1 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this ajax response."

All in all the file manager is really slow and takes long time to displays the folders etc. despite my Internet connection is good (connected with LAN as well) and I deleted any cache/cookies in my browser without any effect. The website was up and running in the beginning of Jan. Then there was some weird 403 Access Denied problem and since them I am trying to bring it back on.

Any help and tips is much appreciated, Greets Fabio

you can use ftp . its simple and faster .
just type in file explorer (windows) ftp://files.000webhost.com and login with your id password .
no error or delay . no extra software or nothing.

1 Like

Hi akashmp,
Thanks for the tip, doesn’t resolves the original issue but it is a good work around. Only thing I notices is that it’s very slow.
Greets

I could advise you try Google DNS

Sometimes your local Internet Service Provider may use outdated DNS servers, or your computer might be configured to use set ones also which might not be as up to date as the ones I’ll provide below.

Using different DNS servers should not impact your performance, if anything it will make loading sites faster and any changes to other peoples websites should reflect faster as well.

First you’ll want to navigate to your start menu, control panel then network connections.

Once open you’ll want to right click on the connection your computer uses to connect to the Internet be it ethernet wired connection or a wireless connection to your router and select properties.

Once the properties menu appears you’ll want to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) then select properties

Once now on the last screen you’ll want to type in 8.8.8.8 as the first one and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary DNS server.

Now close and save all changes.

Now you’ll want to do the following - find Command Prompt within your start menu else hit start, run, cmd.exe and then open it.

Once open just type ipconfig /flushdns

For more information on Google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I hope this aids somewhat.

1 Like

Same here plz help
i dont know what to do

1 Like